Home Sweet Home!
Hot Springs Village stretches across 26,000 acres of the Ouachita Mountains, a perfect place to get back to nature and enjoy the great outdoors. Few communities offer the diversity of lifestyles you can find here from lakeside living to homes with golf course or ridgeline views. There is a wide assortment of affordable housing including townhomes, houses and lots.
Hot Springs Village has been recognized as a “Top 100 Master-Planned Community” by Where to Retire magazine and as one of the top three “retirement hot spots” in the country by Realty Trac.
Arkansas’s temperate weather, affordable cost of living and low property taxes are additional benefits. Plus, HSV has a safe, secure environment.
Community Tour: Hot Springs Village is open to the public. Plan to visit soon. Stop by the Visitor Center, off Highway 7, for a one-day pass or call 866-984-9963 to visit our community. Be sure to check out the Calendar of Events and HSVTicketSales for a list of events and shows!
Visitors playing in Hot Springs Village during their state week will enjoy our amenities at member rates, just show your state-issued ID. Find out more, click here.
2014 Calendar of Fun:
- Dec. 15: Jeremy Davis & the Fabulous Equinox Little Big Band, Woodlands Auditorium
- Dec. 18: Classic Christmas Movies on the Big Screen, Woodlands Auditorium
- Dec. 20: Classic Christmas Movies on the Big Screen, Woodlands Auditorium
- Dec. 21: Classic Christmas Movies on the Big Screen, Woodlands Auditorium
- Dec. 21: Rhythm Jam, Woodlands Auditorium Lobby
- Dec. 31: New Year’s Eve Party, Balboa Club
- Jan. 1: Basecamp ‘Hike in the New Year’, Lake Ouachita State Park
- Jan. 6-7: Ouachita Rod & Gun Club Duck Hunt – Tentative Dates
- Jan. 9: Live Racing Season Opens at Oaklawn Racing & Gaming, Hot Springs
- Jan. 10: Colt & the Old 45′s, Woodlands Auditorium
- Feb. 1: Super Bowl Party, Coronado Community Center
- Feb. 13: Cirque Zuma Zuma, Woodlands Auditorium
- Feb. 14-16: Three-Day Lake Ouachita Bicycle Tour, Hot Springs Convention Center
- Feb. 20-22: 24th Annual Arkansas Flower and Garden Show, Statehouse Convention Center in Little Rock
- Feb. 23: Golf & Recreation Expo, Coronado Community Center
- Feb. 27-Mar. 1: Hot Springs Boat, Tackle & RV Show, Hot Springs Convention Center
- Mar. 3-6: Neil Berg’s 100 Years of Broadway, Woodlands Auditorium
- Mar. 14: Holistic Health Expo, Ponce de Leon Center and Woodlands Auditorium
- Mar. 25: Ouachita Rod & Gun Club - Trap Shooting Event at MVSA
- Apr. 4: Rock Porch Session featuring Midnite Parade, Grove Park
- Apr. 18: Artisan Market, Grove Park
- May 2: Rock Porch Session featuring Donnie Mathis, Grove Park
- May 15: Spring in Bloom, Balboa Pavilion
- Jun. 13: Tri-the-Village Sprint Triathlon, Balboa Pavilion
- Jun. 27: Easy Rider Bike Show & Movie, Ponce de Leon Center
- Jul. 2-4: Stars & Stripes Festival, Balboa Beach
- Aug. 29: Villagestock, Grove Park
- Sept. 5: Rock Porch Session featuring Rupert Wates, Grove Park
- Sept. 12: Artisan Market, Grove Park
- Sept. 19: Harvest Fest, Grove Park
Playground of the South
Outdoor Recreation: 11 lakes, 3 beaches, 2 marinas, 30 miles of hiking trails, geocaching (download the geocaching flyer), dog park, family recreation area, pavilions and picnic areas, RV park, basketball, Grove Park
Sports: 9 golf courses, 13-court tennis center, pickleball, bocce ball, lawn bowling
Clubs & Organizations: Over 200 clubs and organizations inluding bridge, Ouachita Rod & Gun club, Basecamp
Events: Woodland Auditorium shows, Tri-the-Village triathlon, Walk for Cancer Research, Rock Porch Session, Rhythm Jams, golf, tennis & bridge tournaments, July 4th multi-day celebration and many more!
Community: Gated-access, police and fire departments, advanced life support ambulances, two outstanding school districts, free higher education for resident seniors at state universities, located in the center of the state
Ambiance: Beautiful scenery, woodland setting, friendly people, active community
Request a Recreation Guide to find out more about all the amenities in Hot Springs Village including a detailed description of lakes and trails.
• Population: 13,890 year-round residents
• Population Over 50: 65%
• Median Age: 65
• Median House List Price: $225,500
• Median Townhouses List Price: $81,900
• Median Monthly Housing Cost: $1000
• $36 POA dues
While real estate prices fluctuate day to day, in July of last year list prices for homes ranged from $60,000 to $1,800,000, and townhouses ranged from $48,000 to $250,000.
If your annual income is $50,000 in Arkansas, to enjoy the same lifestyle elsewhere, you will need an approximate income of…
$114,315 in Manhattan
$74,869 in Washington D.C.
$69,383 in Los Angeles
$61,180 in Seattle
$59,926 in Chicago
$54,858 in Denver
HSV has two outstanding school districts: Fountain Lake and Jessieville School Districts.
Plus, there are several nearby colleges and universities: National Park Community College in Hot Springs, University of Arkansas and Pulaski Technical College in Little Rock and Benton and Henderson State University in Arkadelphia.
Arkansas residents 60 years or older can attend many state colleges tuition free. Be sure to ask upon enrollment!
It’s never too late to learn something new!
Medical Facilities: Hot Springs Village has medical clinics, doctors, physical therapists, chiropractors, optometrists and dentists. Additional health services include home health, home care, hospice and rehabilitation services. Senior housing options include independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing facilities.
Outstanding hospitals and medical facilities are nearby in Benton, Hot Springs and Little Rock.
Emergency and Community Services: Hot Springs Village is a self-contained, full-service community with its own ambulance service, police and fire departments as well as other necessary utilities such as water and sanitation.
Try Before You Buy: Become A Member
Hot Springs Village offers a limited number of annual memberships, so people can use all of the community amenities at resident rates. This is an incredible opportunity to try out the Village, before you purchase property. Enjoy resident rates for golf, tennis, fitness center and more.
$589 per couple, plus tax
$299 per single, plus tax
Visit the membership site, click here or call 501.922.5519 to find out more.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to be a resident or member to play golf in Hot Springs Village?
No. Anyone can play golf in Hot Springs Village. We welcome guests. Our guest rates are very competitive. Just contact the golf department to arrange tee times. They will assist you with a dash pass for entrance.
How do I arrange to come tour the Village?
You can pick up a day pass at the Visitor Center near the West gate entrance, just off Hwy 7. The Visitor Center is open seven days a week: Monday through Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday 12:30 to 4 p.m. Local Realtors are available to give you a tour. Hot Springs Village is a huge place, and there is no one more qualified to show you around. But, feel free to tour on your own if you prefer.
Can I get a pass for community events?
Yes. Just let the gate know what event you’re attending.
How can I save money on tee times?
Hot Springs Village offers several ways to save money: HSV State Weeks programs allows visitors to play at member rates during their state weeks – which is normally just one week per year. PlayOST offer discounts to eight HSV courses as well as courses in Hot Springs and Glenwood.
I’m visiting next month. Can I bring my boat?
Yes, you’re welcome to bring your boat. But you’ll need to purchase a boat registration from the community association (895 DeSoto Blvd.) or Balboa Marina (501-922-3435). All U.S. and Arkansas fishing and boating regulations apply.
Where can I find fishing tackle?
If you left your fishing tackle at home, no worries. Balboa Marina has fishing tackle and bait for sale. Call 501-922-3435.