Hot Springs Village is a military-friendly community with unlimited adventure and natural splendor. Many retired and active members of the armed forces call Hot Springs Village home because our cost of living is low, we have no state income tax on military pensions, and our location gives you easy access to Tricare providers and VA hospitals.
Our community combines the best of the natural world with a rich culture of arts, entertainment, dining and recreation. Talk to your real estate professional and learn why Hot Springs Village is the perfect place for transitioning and retired military people like you.
Jeffrey Lofgren, a retired 3-Star, Lt. General in the U.S. Air Force talks about the appeal of Hot Springs Village. He is one of many U.S. military veterans who call the Village "home."
Arkansas is an ideal State for Retiring and Transitioning Military
- Low Cost of Living (3rd lowest in USA)
- Tax Benefits: Military Retired Pay is exempt from state income tax, and some veterans are eligible for Homestead and Personal Property Tax Exemption, as well as Gross Receipt of Tax Exemption. Find out more here.
- A great place to start a second career. Nearby Hot Springs and the Little Rock metro area provide ample job opportunities. The Arkansas Division of Workforce Services provides special employment counseling and referral services for veterans.
- Excellent, accessible resources for veterans, including six VA Medical Centers, 4 VA Vet Centers, and 16 VA Community Outpatient Clinics.
In Hot Springs Village, we are deeply grateful for all of our service men and women. Many of our residents are either vets or active military and are able to connect and get involved through our military associations and clubs.
- American Legion Auxiliary HSV #123
- American Legion Post 123
- Military Officers Association of America
- Military Order of the Purple Heart, Chapter 783
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10483